[Image: Two tweets from the artist David Shrigley (@davidshrigley) promoting his 'How are you feeling?' exhibition with accompanying photos of loaves of bread shaped like brains, and pink cakes with smiley faces iced on : “Hot antipsychotic bread. Selling fast” / "Get your Antipsychotic French Fancy at Cornerhouse cafe now! Helps prevent psychosis but may make you fat."]
Are you living with psychosis? What do you think about this?
I’m not sure if the "helps prevent psychosis but may make you fat" isn’t a little insensitive, given that many folks on antipsychotics are struggling as a consequence with obesity, diabetes, dyslipidemia and hypertension (and this is a strong contributory factor to the sad reality that, on average, people with ‘Severe Mental Illness’ have a life expectancy 25 years shorter than the general population).
- combustiblefairycake reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- somnam-bulistic reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- eirenemorana likes this
- yellowkitchendreams said: Whoa - I didn’t know that *25 years* shorter life expectancy thing (and especially not that it’s CV illness that gets people; I’d always attributed shorter life expectancy to higher suicide rates).
- c-h-e-e-r-f-u-l-g-i-v-e-r likes this
- janetmason23 likes this
- mindovermatterzine posted this