That’s simply horrific. Or maybe barbaric is a better term. To quote the Dead Kennedys, “You can get away with murder if you’ve got a badge”.
I feel fortunate that my stints in psych wards only involved law-enforcement once, and instead of ending up in police custody, the cops drove me down to the hospital to get “checked-out”. But I was lucky that I didn’t end up in their actual “custody”.
A couple of years after that event, I got picked up (with hundreds of other people for supposedly engaging in an “illegal” protest) and being detained in a holding cell with one person with pretty bad schizophrenia. He was lucid when we all arrived, but seriously started “losing it” about three hours in. No matter how many times someone hit the buzzer to summon an officer, the filth withheld his meds. It was obvious to anyone trapped inside that this guy was starting to hear or see things, and needed immediate medical attention, but it was denied. Police custody is never a safe place for anyone with mental difficulties. I remember fearing that he’d bash is own head in against the wall just because they wouldn’t give him the drugs he needed to stay “together”.
- keepitupstairs likes this
- farawaymooncall reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- invisiblebee reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- badhawaiian-shirts likes this
- badhawaiian-shirts reblogged this from mindovermatterzine and added:
- lazy-flower likes this
- kaiserreich likes this
- invisiblebee likes this
- theviolethold reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- thekillinggame likes this
- glittery-pussy reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- glittery-pussy likes this
- nitram-that-in-my-ass reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- the-cyclopes-are-watching likes this
- bulletinaweave reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- causeicraft likes this
- syringe likes this
- liliamaecanete likes this
- vulgarvulgar likes this
- sailormoonandcereal likes this