Anonymous asked: On iPads, GIFs don't play unless you press a button to let them play, so, not completely ignorant statement, you just have to understand other people sometimes and not call them out just because you didn't understand a sentence.
Their statement that gifs don’t play automatically on ipads was true, and I have no disagreement with that. What I do disagree with is the assertion that “Epileptic people should just buy ipads”. Around 50 million people in the world are living with epilepsy, 90% of whom are living in developing regions. How are they all going to ‘“just buy ipads”?
The implication expressed was that a person with a disability buying a £500 piece of equipment is a preferable solution than their fellow internet-users taking 5 seconds out of their day to be considerate (cost: £0) - surely I don’t need to unpack how discriminatory that is?
- bellalison said: Oh wait, it covers any kind of photo in general. Sorry.
- slightly likes this
- thiscityshined likes this
- spilt-laughter likes this
- jamesalexander likes this
- anarkawaii likes this
- wonkycactus likes this
- crypt-kicker likes this
- ocdhedgehog said: Any decent browser these days has a .gif blocker add-on, which is free. I don’t think that epileptics should be forced to use them, but they are out there.
- pinatasmashing likes this
- fitnessluvr likes this
- titsorgtfozine likes this
- mindovermatterzine posted this