[Trigger Warning: Discussion of suicidal ideation]
Queer writer Michelle Tea’s video for the TALK ABOUT IT campaign. She touches on the topics of sobriety and medication and how those things have helped her depression.
“This world is hard for most people, and it’s really hard for queer people…. it’s intense when you get older, and you become an adult, those things don’t necessarily go away and the services that are available to you as a young queer, when everyone is sort of in love with you, can kind of vanish as you get a little bit older. I think it feels a little bit like getting kicked out of the house– again.”
I just finished reading her book ‘Rent Girl’, about her experiences as a sex worker, which I would thoroughly recommend (though trigger warning for discussion of rape, incest and non-consensual sexual experiences).
- clintcatalyst likes this
- feelthetrepidation likes this
- lady-brain reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- 4n4rch157m45 reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- dafeuer reblogged this from neonotanderson and added:
- exposure-enlightenment likes this
- vsrsbsns reblogged this from neonotanderson and added:
- wolfandthyme likes this
- speciallyforkiyoshitaro likes this
- neonotanderson reblogged this from mindovermatterzine and added:
- pinandmountme likes this
- ercheer likes this
- connormclucas reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- archer-l said: youtube.com/user/Mi… please support my video blog by just simply a click on that.
- perfectportionsforfoxes reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- blogging-ot likes this
- paradiseonapage likes this
- chronotaraxis likes this
- ihaveahen likes this
- mindovermatterzine posted this