go-mo-go asked: Three years ago I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. It has been over a year since I have taken any medication for my sudden mood swings and rage associated with BPD because of pregnancy/breastfeeding but as of late, I have had a hard time controlling my moods. I went to my physician yesterday and discussed pharmaceutical treatment. I was prescribed Lamictal. I have never heard of this drug and was hoping some of your followers had experience with it.
Heads up, y’all: anyone have experiences with Lamictal that they’d like to share?
- tourniquetbouquet said:I, too, have BPD and Lamictal was a life saver when I had hit a low. However, I have not been on medications for years now and consider myself “recovered”. I got there through psychoeducation. I literally read every single book and website on the subject and removed the…
- yellowkitchendreams said:I’ve taken it for about 2 years now. I like it, it works & it’s been easy to tolerate. The drawback is that it takes a while to get to a therapeutic dose; if you increase too fast you’re at risk of a bad (read: potentially deadly) rash.
- fortress-mind said:Be careful with acetaminophen, it is listed as a medication with minor interactions.
- go-mo-go likes this
- nosebacon said:I’m sorry, I do not. I also have BPD. I was told there would be minimal risk taking my paxil during breastfeeding. You may want to talk to your dr. about that.
- mindovermatterzine posted this