Since it’s talking about my own condition, I can talk about it how I like. If we didn’t laugh in my own home about my own particular manic phases, life would be so much more difficult.
British politician Charles Walker, on ‘coming out’ in the House of Commons as having struggled with severe OCD for over 30 years by referring to himself as a “fruitcake”.
I totally agree with this: self-define how you like, especially if humour is your coping mechanism - just don’t use labels for others unless you have their consent and agreement that that is how they identify. (‘Mad pride’: proceed with caution).
- myperfectpiece likes this
- st reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- speciallyforkiyoshitaro likes this
- helena-r-s likes this
- spilt-laughter reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- thegunningfogindex likes this
- hagsandkisses likes this
- wishinoo likes this
- under-the-moonlight-tower likes this
- pornitude likes this
- scipsy likes this
- frogbox likes this
- anotherdoseofcaffeineinmyveins likes this
- the-girl-who-was-curious likes this
- vlatkaxd likes this
- piecesoflogic likes this
- saulsgoodman likes this
- burrito-princess likes this
- kraken-queen reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- kraken-queen likes this
- mindovermatterzine posted this