when will people learn trigger warning tags aren’t enough.
any trigger warnings below the triggering image aren’t enough.
let alone small grey writing.
and I swear to god every time I encounter some some slack-ass TW it’s made even more infuriatingly invalid and pointless because the image for some sick reason always happens to be a super specific trigger - like an exact image of what I’ve been avoiding for months.
YES. There’s a guide as to how to go about constructing an effective trigger warning here that I wrote for the zine, but here’s the basic points:
- 'Trigger Warning' or 'TW' plus a broad description of the nature of the following media (don't be too detailed as this itself can be triggering) - this should be the first part of the post, preferably in bold or highlighted in some way
- If on Tumblr or a related online platform where ‘tagging’ is an option, include the tag “trigger warning” and again any words that describe the broad nature of the media so that people using Tumblr Saviour can avoid your post if it’s triggering to them
- Put any relevant images behind a ‘cut’ or link
[Trigger Warning: Eating disorders and body image issues]
[Trigger Warning: Ableism]
[Trigger Warning: Suicide, suicidal ideation]
- sweetsashly likes this
- lady-brain reblogged this from mindovermatterzine
- yesysabella likes this
- fridayfelts likes this
- myperfectpiece likes this
- mindovermatterzine reblogged this from avocadobabydoll and added:
- justgotosleep likes this
- avocadobabydoll posted this